Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Saving the Romanov family #7


Ekaterinburg, 21 July 1918

Sensors detected movement approaching the house this morning and Chief identified them as hostiles. Took them long enough. It was a pretty large convoy. We took the captives to the basement before heading outside to meet the threat. The thugs were led by Pyotr Voykov of the Ural Soviet. Beside him was Yurovsky and his assistant Grigory Nikulin.

They tried to arrest us but we outfought them, taking a few of them out. Chief ID'd the regicides and targeted them first. I dealt with Yurovsky and Nikulin, disarming the former and knocking him to the ground before he could shoot. Nikulin tried to flee and I threw my tomahawk at him, hitting him squarely in the back. The remainder quickly surrendered without a fight.

Death was too good for Yurovsky, so instead of killing him, I had him restrained and used a bayonet to carve a large hammer and sickle symbol into his forehead. Since he loves communism, he shall wear it for the rest of his life. I threatened to do the same to Voykov if he ever breathed a word of this back to Moscow. Broke his nose so he will remember it. The thugs were allowed to carry off their dead and wounded comrades but forced to leave their vehicles behind which we plan to use to transport the captives out of Ekaterinburg. All the weapons we confiscated were destroyed.

Regrettably, we couldn't avoid a violent confrontation and as a result the captives were greatly distressed when they heard gunfire and screaming. All I could do was explain the situation to them. I couldn't hide the fact that we're not Bolsheviks anymore. Now they know we're on a covert mission to rescue them. To Nicholas and Alexandra's disappointment, I'm not the monarchist officer who smuggled letters to the Ipatiev House weeks ago promising to rescue them. I'm quite sure it was the work of the Bolsheviks to give them false hopes. As far as I know, besides us, no one ever came for them.

I think that's the last we'll see of Yurovsky. I tried talking to him at first, just to see what kind of person he is, maybe reason with him. But he was stone-hearted. His attempts to intimidate me was the last straw. I have never punched someone so hard in my life. If the mark of shame doesn't make him regret the way he treated the Romanov family, then he isn't human at all. Still, there's no better satisfaction than knowing we've defended the captives from evil.

P.S. No point disguising ourselves in Bolshevik uniforms anymore. Time to contact the Professor about that special delivery.

No comments: