Monday, August 12, 2013

Journal of a Russian Imperial Guard soldier

 

I suddenly came up with an idea to create a journal of a Russian Imperial Guard soldier who was with the last royal family. It is of course a work of fiction, but it will be based on actual events.

Only time will tell how many entries I'll be publishing. I may not know much of the Romanov family, but at least I can put some of my imaginations and dreams of them in writing. I may be terrible at English, but it's worth a shot.

Update (28 February 2018): Seems I have finished writing about my Romanov fantasies. I actually published over 20 entries, but over the months I deleted several as they were nothing more than filler. I kept in mind that "less is more". This meant omitting any mention of Alexei's hemophilia as well as any allegations about Rasputin. My fantasies have always been about OTMA anyway.

Overall I am satisfied. I kept the entries as historical as possible, ending with the brutal murder of the entire Romanov family. Of course I was reluctant to write about the murders because it hurts me so much, but the story had to end somewhere and stopping at the revolution just seems abrupt. One of my favourite entries takes place during their imprisonment anyway. If anyone is curious which one, it's the one that involves Maria, probably my favourite of the four grand duchesses.

Once in a while I still do some retyping. If anyone has read through my journal entries, I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyed writing them. Just don't take them seriously.

No comments: